Friday, January 8, 2010

Halloween

Halloween in a favorite at our house so although it is long past we can not forget it. It is a holiday that lives on continually in our home. At least once a month I have someone say, "mom for Halloween I want to be ..."
This year we had a couple really fun Halloween parties. We went to Julia's house, a friend from dental school, and carved pumpkins will a bunch of brainiac dental students. Good food, good fun. I think it was the best pumpkin carving party we've ever been to.
The next fun we had was the Halloween party at the YMCA. Very well organise and loads of fun. I don't have any pics of this one, but they has all kinds of crafts, strobe light dancing, games, haunted house, smores and more. We love the Y! Someone pulled the fire alarm about 10 min to eight which was perfect. That way we all got home in time for bed.
The morning of Halloween Karl sat all the kids down and told them we could have a lot of fun, but the house had to be cleaned. He's a bit of a drill sergeant when it comes to cleaning the house. This is the kids sitting listening to his lecture.
They got it all done, so we had a party. We had some friends over and did a quick trick or treat just around the block and came home and had pumpkin pie and cider and candy and games and I don't remember, but it was fun.

Rebecca was a pirate Eldon McKay was a vampire
The girls ended up being siamese mummies

And Zac was the cutest cowboy I have ever seen.

This is my favorite picture of all...Check out Karl's cute rear. Our friend snapped this one. Not even realizing Karl's stance, but we love to laugh at it. Karl and I were pirates as well.

3 comments:

~ Katie said...

I love the pictures too!!! Your kids are so darling. Our next reunion won't come soon enough. Becca was such a cute pirate and Zac is growing so fast!

Amy said...

ok am I crazy?!??! I didn't see any pictures of Carson in his halloween costume! Cute pictures, I love the bum shot of Karl!

Huke, Lollie, and Gracie! said...

I loved reading this post. I love the pics too. Zac is so much older then I remember in my mind. He is so cute. Lydea and rebecca always. I love the mummies. More pics of zac please!