Thursday, April 2, 2009

April Foool's Day

Our April Fool's was very eventful. The kids got up in the morning and had dressed different than usual. Here is a picture of my beautiful GIRLS! I'm afraid they don't make very cute girls.

Love the shoes.

I actually took Zach to his doctor's appt. in his dress.
Isn't he a cute ballerina???

Check out those pigtails.

Rebecca was suppoed to be Zach. With girl's glamor shoes as an accent.

Lydea loved wearing Carson's clothes. A little big, but fun.

And Haylee got new glasses. APRIL FOOLS!



For an evening joke we went for pie at the Waffle House. Here's how it went down.



Scene 1



Mom got everyone ready for family prayers while dad did something else. Nobody can remember what it was, but it must have been really important. EVERYBODY had their teeth brushed, their PJs on, and was kneeling around the coffee table when dad finally came in for family prayers.

DAD: OK everybody, it's time for ..... rootbeer floats!
KIDS: Daaaad, we don't even haven any rootbeer.
DAD: HA HA, April Fools!
All right everybody, let's go down and watch a movie. HA HA!
EVERYONE: April Fools!
DAD: MMMK everybody, go get in the van and we'll go have some ice cream.
MOM: Haylee, come one, go get in the van before dad changes his mind.
KIDS: HUH? WHAT? April Fools!
DAD: No, go get in the van. Let's go.
KIDS: But DAAAAAAD, we already brushed our teeth.
HAYLEE: I don't have to have any ice cream, but everyone else can. That way I won't have to get my teeth dirty.
DAD: We can brush our teeth again, let's go.
KIDS: We don't have any shoes on !
DAD: GET IN THE VAN, LET's GO!



Scene 2



We're all in the van driving around looking for a place to have ice cream. The kids don't really believe that we're going to take them for a treat. We really can't find anywhere we want to go because we have no plans.

DAD: HAHA, April Fools! Let's go home.
REBECCA: (Crying) But I want ice cream.
MOM: Oh, now we have to go home because Becca is sooo tired.
DAD: OK, let's go home.
KIDS are super quiet in the van. Whispering.
DAD turns in to Waffle House entrance
DAD: Let's see if they have any beds in here for Becca to sleep in.

They don't, but they have 99 cent pie!
The Chandler family does not endorse Waffle House pie except in times of great economic scarcity. It's not good. IGA frozen is better, or Smith's, or Wal-MART. You get the picture.
ALL: Eat pie at the Waffle House and have a great time.



Scene 3



On the way home

KIDS: Dad, we thought you were just kidding. We thought you were just going to bring us home and say HA HA, April Fools!
DAD: HA HA, April Fools!

ALL: Go to bed happy.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I love it! I love the retelling of your evening, so funny! I felt like I was there :) Kids are so funny, they don't want to get their teeth dirty because Heaven forbid they should have to brush their teeth twice!

Amy said...

Megan, that is hilarious! The boys dressed up in the girls clothes is my fav.! And I think that Eldon makes a darn cute little girl! LOL I couldn't think of anything fun for April fools day so I did nothing! :(

~ Katie said...

Pretty funny Meg. You guys are always doing something clever!

The Holden Family said...

The clothes are hilarious! Your boys dressed as girls cracked me up!

Brooks, Amber & Maggie Jo said...

As you know April Fools is one of my favorite holidays. I couldn't think of anything to do but Brooks was looking for cars and saw one he really liked so called on it and the guy said that's my car but it's not for sale. April Fools on him and Brooks it made my day.

Your Day looked like TONS of fun. Good for you.

Huke, Lollie, and Gracie! said...

HUh -arious! X 10. I can't stop laughing. You just made me happy that someone had a really good April Fool's Day. I couldn't think of anything to do to Luke until the opportunities had already passed. Dang it! I think your boys make cute girls. I hope that Luke and I can be as spontaneous as that when and unplanned when we get a big family too.
The fun your family has is what I want for mine.

schlenskefamily said...

It just makes me miss you all the more! We should be going to the waffle house together!