Monday, March 23, 2009

Our trip to Utah


Zach broke my mom's house in quick. He had a good time doing it too.

We were so excited to meet Miss Maggie. Amber's new baby. She's beautiful!

Lydea and Maggie. I can't tell you how happy Lydea was to get to see Maggie before she got big. She LOVES babies.

It is tradition for grandma to take us to get our ears peirced when we turn 8 in my family. We weren't able to get it done this summer when we were out so that was one of the first things that we did when we got to UT. Haylee was so exited. I took a video of her getting them peirced and she just flinched a little, but I accidentally erased it...BUMMER!

Haylee and Grandma.
Thanks Grandma, she loves them!
Karl's little sister, Nancy and BJ got married March 7. We were so happy to be able to go out there for it occation.



My sister-in-law Bri keeping Zach from running into the street. He was quite the little busy body that day. Like usual.

Karl's family

I had the privialege of doing my first wedding cake. It was fun. I did have a lot of help, and it is not perfect, but it turned out beautiful with a little extra personality on my part.

Karl, Grandma Shirley, Carson, and Haylee

After it was all said and done we went back to Grandma and Grandpa Chandler's for a little fun.

Carson found the pop gun!

Rebecca is just about as cute as they come!

Grandpa pulled out his pencil collection. The grand kids had a good time looking at all of them.


While we were out there we had the opperituniy to go down to the Drapper temple open house. Since it was not dedicated the kids were able to go inside and walk through and see it all. It was a great experience for them. I only got pictures of the bus ride there.

Rebecca sitting on my mom's lap Eldon McKay, Lydea, Haylee, and Carson.

Zach loved the bus.

It was super cold that day. I wanted to get a picture of the kids out in front of the temple, but all I got was a picture of the temple through the bus window.

AND we got to go sledding just before we came home. We went with my sister Melissa and her kids and we had a blast.

18 in. of fresh snow and sunshine. You don't go far on you first slide down. So we went and found a couple trails already paved for us.

Rilee , Lydea, and Zacher

Eldon McKay

Haylee

Rebecca

Lydea

Carson and Garrett

Carson

I also had the chance to meet up with some friends from Minot that evening after sledding. It was fun to see Amber and her kids.

Rachael Bone and Zach
(Do you like how his dinner is on his forehead?)
And the the drive home.




Keeping Zachary occupied with chocolate. It worked for a little while.
Really he wasn't too bad.

Carson


My mom driving...I couldn't have done it without her.
I love her to peices!

Back in KY we went on a day trip down to Berrea before Grandma and Grandpa left.
It's a pretty little town.
THIS IS WHAT I CAME HOME TO...SPRING!
Daffodills in my back yard and trees budding all around. So fun to be sledding one day and get to leave it all behind and for the green.

7 comments:

schlenskefamily said...

Oh my goodness! You all are too cute and I can't believe your beautiful daffodils! You wouldn't believe what we had today; a total blizzard! Horizontal snow, huge drifts, icy roads and lots of snow!!! Oh well! Your trip looked so fun. We miss you so terribly! Give everyone hugs from me!

Sarah and Trent said...

Yeah! I have been dying to see pictures of the Wedding! Nancy looks so beautiful and your cake is amazing! Great job! I also love the dresses the girls are wearing!

p.s. it basically is summer down here - already in the 90s...

Jennifer Never said...

Does that mean you won't be stopping by on your way back???

Jennifer Never said...

You're lucky then...I thought it was July, but then I saw all the happenings, and wasn't sure. You would've been in huge trouble...HUGE.

Darren and Chrissy said...

Karl--You have a beautiful family. What a fun trip you had! Hope you are doing well--how is the road to dental school going? Drop us a line sometime--my email is dcboyack@hotmail.com

angie & ty said...

Megan and karl, it was so much fun to see you guys and ur really cute kids. I hope you guys are enjoying the nice spring weather. we got a big snow storm here in Idaho :(. Im done with the snow!

Huke, Lollie, and Gracie! said...

too fun! I sent you an email. And I AM seriously going to call you. How was the temple open house? I wanted to go so bad. But now it is dedicated. Maybe I can go to the Ocre Mountain one...