Sunday, April 26, 2009

getting caught up...SPRING, the garden!

Lydea thought that Karl's shadow looked cool and wanted to take a picture.
I thought it was a fun.



These are just pictures of us getting our gardens ready in late March. I'm a little crazy about my garden. I'm sure that you will get updates often. In fact I want to take pictures soon. I now have peas, beans, strawberries and some herbs planted. My peas are already about as tall as my little finger. I have a couple beans poking out, but they are slow. I go out to see it's progress a couple times everyday. Like I said, I'm a little crazy, but I love it. I will be planting tomatoes, cucumbers, pumpkin, peppers, zucchini, and whatever else we end up with. I just hope that we get enough sunshine in our yard for things to grow. I have to different locations with gardens to see which one does better. One better work. Wish me luck.

6 comments:

The Holden Family said...

Good Luck!

Pennsylvania Hendershots said...

That's awesome! Good job! Is that a two tier bed? I'm impressed. We have one more bed to build this season - wish us luck!

Unknown said...

We still have no garden...we keep talking about it, but haven't had time to do it. You guys are awesome!

Huke, Lollie, and Gracie! said...

I love your hat and the flip flops. Megan you look so skinny!! Is that where you have been since your April Fool's day post and my phone calls? You must be out exercising and working in your garden. That is awesome. I love the planter beds. I first saw these at my in-laws. Rick loves to garden too and the summer we lived there I helped him with it and then of course got to reap the benefits. I love getting stuff from the garden, and since it has been so long since I have actually worked outside, I think I would thrilled to even plant a garden. I am sure you know some of the Chandler family gardening stories from Karl... I want to just do some little pots on my porch here but I haven't done it and don't know if it will really work. I have been wanting to talk to you guys. How is dental school going now? Karl probably has finals coming up! And how is your kitchen?? Your kiddos? Do I remember right that you guys are coming out this summer again?

Brooks, Amber & Maggie Jo said...

I wish I could have a garden or was close enough to eat out of yours. Smith's produce will have to do for this family. BUMMER. Looks great though. Love ya. Amber

Kelli said...

I want to do a garden. I don't really have a place or know where to start, so I never do one. I also loved your April fools post! Was that the kids idea to swtich? Too funny!