Sunday, September 14, 2008

Sampler

Carson – I jumped on the trampoline with Jonathon and landed 125 flips in one day. On my feet, not my head. I also had fun with Lydea jumping on the trampoline in a downpour while dad was trying to ride home. I also want to tell a joke. (Ha ha) Umm…. (ha ha ha, snort, ha ha). Dad: OK, what’s your joke? Ummm (he he he), Ok, so, Carson: “Can I go play outside?” Mom: “With those holes in your socks?” Carson: “No, with Jonathon and Gabriel.”

Eldon – “I don’t know.”

Ok so, Eldon and Rebecca had to go to bed before we finished so I will fill in for them. Eldon is loving writing right now. I wasn’t sure I was ready to teach him because lots of kids have a very hard time with it and it is a real battle. He has done great and loves it. I was quite surprised. He has been a lot of fun in school this year. He loved reading at first until it got harder and he hated it for a bit, but just this last week he said to me, “I like reading again.” It was a good thing to hear!

Haylee – Saturday I played with Lizzie. I did two puzzles in my puzzle book. We had three popsicles and Papa Murphy’s Pizza while mom and dad went to the Olive Garden for their ten year anniversay.

Karl –I’ve been prepping for a massive test on Tuesday. Nine chapters of Histology(study of tissues – not the Kleenex kind).

Lydea –I played with babies, and this is my joke. What if a (ha ha ha ha) what if a chicken crossed the road (ha ha ha)? Dad: Is that your joke? Lydea: Yeah! (ha ha ha)

Megan –I have had a great week! The kids were quite good with their schooling and we even started to do PE at least 3x a week. We have a park that is a ½ mile walk from our home. It has a nice path around it with the play ground in the middle. I run 1 lap, walk a lap, run, walk. My guess is that the path is about the size of a track so I’m thinking I get about 2 miles in all. It is great. Carson ran with me the other day until he got board and went ahead of me. He ran the full 4 laps. He lapped me at least once, so my goal is to get to where I can at least keep up with him, we’ll see. As long as I can keep going until it is really cold I’m good with that.
My other great part is that Karl and I hit our 10 year anniversary this year! We went out to eat last night which was wonderful and then just walked around a bit. It was a very relaxing night. The one thing I wanted though was to have our room the way I want it (not baby blue with a ceiling fan that looks like it is going to fall on me). So I bought some paint and Karl nicely picked up a new ceiling fan for me. I haven’t gotten it done yet, but working on it. I have one wall painted an olive green, love it, can’t wait for the rest to be the same. The fan is in a box on the floor in our room. Hopefully I can get it put together in the next week, maybe 2, but I won’t let it go any longer than that!

Rebecca –She has had a fun week. She is beginning to be great friends with the neighbors next door Leila and Cody. This week I asked her to go clean up her room. She went in picked it up and made her bed and it looked great. Ever since then she has done a great job of making her bed-without being asked! Hopefully she’ll keep up with that one.

Zachary –Always falling, but getting more stable with his walking every day. He’s cute, but really into everything. He has had ringworm on his bum which has been a nightmare to get rid of, and hopefully it will go away soon because I’m so ready to be done with it. He’s says “mama, dada, and, uh oh. “ I think he’s starting to get doggie too, but not sure on that one. It’s funny if I tell him to say “mama” when it just me around he’ll do it, but if Karl is here and I tell him to say “mama” He looks at me and says “dada” and laughs, it’s pretty funny.

4 comments:

~ Katie said...

You guys seem to be settling in great. It's great that the kids are making friends quickly. And I love that you have a park close by with a path. I would love that. Maybe one day I can just get a tread mill. Anyhow, love to see the kids post what is on their minds. Karl-good luck on your test and Zach, tell mom and dad to teach you to say Aunt Katie:)
love you guys -kt

Anonymous said...

So cute. You guys seem to be enjoying life. I still can't believe you have 6 kids and that you home-school them too. If anyone could do it though it would be you Megan. YOU GO GIRL!!! Your family is beautiful. They're all so big. :)

Huke, Lollie, and Gracie! said...

WOW, 125 Flips. Popsicles. Pizza. Reading. Running. Walking. Painting. Puzzling. New words. Making friends. And Celebrating 10 years. Congratulations. You guys are amazing. Love you! Hollie and Luke

Jennifer Never said...

It's about stinkin time you guys got a blog, and you are actually updating it! I'm so glad. Are you dreaming about blogging yet? Do you think, "I have to get a picture of that for the blog"? So you are ONLY a primary worker huh? They didn't make you Stake Primary President your first month there? They must not know who you are Meg...MOTHER OF THE YEAR THAT'S WHO!!!!