Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day

So I had a great Mother's Day. Things were really quiet and nothing big, but my father-in-law said something that really made me think. He sent me a note that said, "Is Mother's Day really a holiday. I doubt it." Why does he say that? Just because they have always thought of Mother's Day as Mother's Day Off (we all know that mother doesn't get a day off unless she leaves), But in fact that is not what the holiday is. It is a day to celebrate motherhood. A special day to stop and think of all that our mother's do for us, and how our lives benefit from their endless sacrifice. I am so grateful for my mother. She taught me well and supports me in all that I do. I know she is always there when I need someone or something. I appreciate her constant love, support, and thoughts for me and my family. What would I do with out her??? I in return am grateful for my opportunity to be a mother. I love and learn with my children everyday. It's not always easy, but I love it. It made me so happy to just have my kids talk of Mother's Day and what they could do for me. A lot of their ideas did nothing more than come to mind, but it's the fact that they wanted to make my day special. I have great kids! I had a great mother's Day. I have some fun pictures we took. I can't find the cord to my camera, so maybe I'll get them on her someday. Not today.

1 comment:

Huke, Lollie, and Gracie! said...

loved reading this. I would have to say I have wanted to write similar things after mother's day as well. I agree that it is not a day off. And to me it is not the best way to celebrate Mother's Day by not having yoru children around and not having to do anything. That is when you realized you do everything for your chidlren and a lot for your husband and they appreciate you so much for it so you are glad to have that special part especially on this special day. A holiday to celebrate not get a dya off! :)
Agreed!