The kids built a fire pit in the backyard. I think they miss the backyard in North Dakota a bit. So Karl burned all that he had been trying to get rid of from trimming the trees earlier in the summer. HE IS A PYROMANIAC! It was a VERY large and VERY hot fire.
The heat totally fried the leaves above it (like 20 ft above it).
The aurboretum is beautiful at this time of the year. We had a fun field day there one afternoon learning about plants and trees and leaves, but mostly just enjoying the beauty around us.
This is Carson's quilt that I made for him. I need to do one for Eldon and then paint their room. They don't really like the lime green.
Zac and Haylee sleep together. It's very cute. They are tangled up together every time I go into check on them.
In July our bishop challenged us to read the Book of Mormon by the end of the year. So the kids and I have been reading on school days. Most days Zac is so loud that nobody can hear anything that is read, but we are doing it. ANyway, one morning Zac looked really cute sitting reading his books so I grabbed the camera and so the next couple are in the morning during scripture reading.
Carson really wanted a picture of me after I got back form the dentist. So here I am half numb. The kids love the half smile. We won't even talk about my cavities. It's a good thing my husband is going to be a dentist!
So Karl's school is pretty low key right now. Which is nice, but I feel it building slowly. This weekend he went to a remote area of KY and practiced some of his skills on some people that really needed some help. He loves the service. I missed him, but I'm so happy that he is willing to give of his time and his talents.
The kids and I stay busy. School and activities and the YMCA and church.
School is going great. Some days better than others, but I have realized that my patients has improved leaps and bounds through the years. I have great kids. I expect a lot of them and they work hard every day to be better people. I'm glad I have the opportunity to stay home with them and teach them. It takes a lot, but we grow and learn together. Although some days are hard the good days are amazing. There is just so much out there to learn. I love my kids and would give the world for them. I'm a terrible writer. I wish I could express myself in written words better, but I can't.
Our happenings for now.
4 comments:
YOu amaze me!!! You always have!!! The kids look so big now and you look great. I think your half smile is glorious!
That is a huge fire! I love how Karl is talking on his phone and roasting a mallow at the same time. It looks like Zack is ready for Halloween in the 1 picture. That is great for Karl to be able to "practice" on people that could really use the help. I am sure you are blessed for it. I love your 1/2 smile too. So, how much longer do you have until you all graduate? It is a big task for all of you. Good Luck!!
pyromaniacs! (is that how you spell that?) My boys would love that bonfire! I love your long hair Megan- you're beautiful!
Fun stuff Meg! We miss our fire pit too. I'm glad the kids put it together. Your kids are so cute and they are lucky to have such a great mom to teach them. I do not have the patience at all. I loved all the fun pictures. Great job on the quilt too!
Post a Comment