I am very behind on the blog thing. We went to Ut so I have a ton to put on here, but today is Rebecca's 4th birthday. I will post all about her birthday later when it is all said and done, but I didn't want to forget the sweetness that has led up it.
For week, like any kid, she has been looking forward to her birthday because she will be 4 and then she will be 5. We keep trying to help her understand that it takes a whole year to get to 5 but she's convinced that once she turns 4 she will soon be 5.
For birthdays in our family we seldom have kid parties instead we just do a family activity that the birthday person gets to pick. When I asked Rebecca what she wanted to do for her birthday she simply said that she wanted to go to the park in our neighborhood and have watermellon (watermellon is what she asks for anytime we ask her what she wats to eat. She has been asking for it all winter and has not had any so this will be quite the treat for her today). Karl and I felt kind of bad because we usually do something a little more out of the ordinary, but that's what she wants so we will keep it simple. We are going to take her to a bigger park on the other side of Lexington. Her other request that came with the park was not so simple to comply to. She said that she wanted it sunny so she could have fun playing outside and wear a sun dress. I told her that sometimes we just don't get the things we want. It's been so gray here lately. When I checked the weather yesterday afteroon the weather for today had changed from chance of rain to a fully sunny day beyween 65 and 70 degrees. So fun for her! I hope she has a good day.
Last is her cake. She wants something different evertime I ask, M&M cake, Polly Pocket cake, Carrot cake, watermellon cake, I'm still not sure what she'll end up with. We'll see....
4 comments:
I love this story about your little girl! Even if you are behind on your blogging or whatever, just remembering this little tidbit about her birthday is priceless!!!
I always love making the kids feel like "kings and queens" on their birthdays. I think a visit from you guys would be super-duper! You are always welcome! That will be way fun!!!!!!! Just keep me posted on the whens and we'll be ready for you!
Yeah!!
I have to add this. I called Rebecca for her birthday and she insured me just because she is turning 4 doesn't mean her name still can't be Chandler. What a Crazy girl. We love you guys.
Happy Birthday Rebecca! I am sorry. When I thought to call you it was already too late on the 17th. I have to remember things 3 hours in advance and that is asking a lot for me! JK... You know me and the phone though Megan. I will call sometime soon. Tell Rebecca I was thinking of her on her birthday. That is cool that all she wanted was the park! We have the coolest dinosaur park here just down the street. I wish she could come play on it with us!
Post a Comment