Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Violet

My Dr. finally agreed to induce me on the 15th.  At 11Am they started me on pitocin.  Karl had been on call the night before and met me at the hospital.  I wasn't dialated much, but had finally started to eface a bit (which is why my Dr didn't want to induce me), but I know from past babies that I really don't go anywhere until I'm either very over due or I'm on pitocin.  The pit doesn't bother me at all.  Usually I move pretty quickly once I'm on the pit.  My other inductions I have had the baby in 4-6 hours from the time they started me on the pit.  With about an hour of hard contractions.  This time I just slowly progressed.  So I sat and talked to the nurse and Karl tool and shower and then a nap.  We talked names a bit while he was awake, but still didn't decide what we wanted to name her.   Around 5PM I was at 5cm and and the baby was still quite high.  I looked at the nurse and said, I don't think that we are even going to see this baby by 6PM, which is when her shift was up.  I got tired of sitting in the bed and decided to stand.  After a couple minutes I felt and heard a weird pop.  I have never had my water break on it's own.  I didn't know it actually made a pop sound.  It's a strange feeling!  That was about 5:15 a couple minutes after that they contractions kicked in and before I knew it I was ready to push.  The nurse ran and called the Dr.  Told him baby was coming and that I had gone from 5cm to 8cm in 5 min.  Well the Doc thought since I wasn't moving very fast earlier in the day that he would be fine finishing up what he was doing.  
I had the nurse telling me to be calm and DON'T PUSH.  Well, I didn't push, but baby pushed her way out.  They grabbed a Dr. from the hall and she delivered our sweet baby. 
Because of the quick delivery she was quite swollen.  Not the cutest baby when they first gave her tome me, but she is a doll now.  She is very loved by all her siblings!  I keep thinking that the newness will wear off, but it' not.  Everyone still begs to hold her every morning and they all fight over who gets to sit by me and Violet at church.  And now she is crying, so that's all for now.





















2 comments:

The Holden Family said...

congratulations! she is beautiful just like all the rest of your kiddos. :)

hope all is well and that you all had a merry christmas!

Ratliffs said...

All this baby stuff is making me want another one(the kids too)! Too bad we're done...

She's adorable! She definitely gave you a good story to tell. :)