Saturday, December 20, 2008

On the seventh day of Christmas

. . . the Chandler family had two leftover roast beef sandwiches . . .

and seven letters back from big man Claus.

Lexington has a special box. Letters dropped here go straight to the North Pole.





Each of the kids got a letter like this from Santa.


Santa was very personable. Here's how he responded to everyone:

Carson asked for Dove chocolates, a jump rope, or a fun book series. Santa told him to remember to say please and thank you. LOL.

Dad asked for Santa to pay his tuition. Santa wrote back, "Good luck with dental school!"

Eldon asked for Richard Scarry books. Santa said, "Rudolph is looking forward to visiting your house."

To Zachary, who only shared his love with Santa, the reply said, "Hello from the elves!"

Rebecca asked for some fun books. Santa was excited that she likes books.

Haylee asked for the Little House book series (Ingalls-Wilder) and Santa replied with... (we can't remember. We'll ask Haylee and update y'all tomorrow).

For Lydea, who requested some fun books, Santa said, "Thanks for the fun pictures you drew for me."

6 comments:

Liz King Bradley said...

Looks like you guys are haveing a GREAT time this season. We sure miss you guys. Have a great Holiday!

Pennsylvania Hendershots said...

Good luck with the tuition wish! Let me know if it works! :)

Jennifer Never said...

well...I applaud your efforts at the 12 days of Christmas, and don't at all wonder what happened to the rest of the 5 days because it's just that time of year! Hope you had an excellent Birthday Meg, and a great Christmas.

Karl, Meg, and kids said...

Thanks Jen,
I actually had the others planned, but I got behind and I am still behind. I really want to post my 10th day of Christmas still. It is a fun one, so hopefully I'll get to that sooner or later. The rest were just things to get to the 12 days done, so I'm not going to worry about them.

Huke, Lollie, and Gracie! said...

Come on, just because the Barbers came for Christmas doesn't mean Christmas didn't come does it? I know you have been busy and we made it even busier, but you have to finish... Sorry to everyone else reading the blog, it is probably our fault that Megan was such a slacker on the rest of the days of Christmas. We had fun though and you missed out!

Dave and Krisha said...

Meg, I am so glad to find your blog. You are turbomom!!!! You have the cutest kids! Hope you guys are doing great!